At CoinCapNews, we respect your privacy and take data security extremely seriously. We make sure we have appropriate security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost and from unauthorised use and access.
1. Types of Data Collected
1.1 We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
– The e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail;
– Aggregate information concerning what pages users access or visit;
– Information volunteered by the user (such as survey information and/or site registrations);
– Financial information provided by the user for user syncing and information purposes only;
– Information related to your use of the Website and/or the mobile application, including IP address, geographic location, and date and time of your request.
1.2 We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data, but it is not considered personal data under the Data Protection Legislation as it does not directly or indirectly identify you. If at any time we do combine any aggregated data with your personal data so that it can identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data, which we will use and process in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
2. Purposes and legal basis for using your personal data
2.1 Where you have requested that we provide a specific product or service to you, or you otherwise make use of those products or services, we will process your personal data in order to perform our contract with you and provide that product or service.
2.2 We also use the personal data we hold about you to pursue our legitimate interests in providing and marketing our products and services to you, improving our website, services, and interactions with you and other users of our products and services in the following ways:
– Administer your account and relationship with us and to communicate with you by telephone, mail, email, text (SMS) message, instant messaging or other electronic means;
– Verify your identity and detect fraud and crime and comply with any legal or regulatory requirements;
– Provide you with information about the products and services that you request from us;
– Provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
– Provide you with information about products or services we feel may interest you or be best for you;
– Your data may be shared with product or service providers to validate if you are an existing customer (which may affect whether you can be accepted for one of their products) or for fraud prevention purposes. The product or service provider does not have permission to use these data for any other purpose including marketing.
– Notify you about changes to our services;
– Ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
– To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– To build up a picture of your interests so that you don’t miss information relevant to you when you visit our website;
– To improve the service we offer you and to try and ensure that you get the best from our website;
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website and services;
– As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
– To measure the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
– To send direct marketing to you (see section 5, below);
– To make suggestions and recommendations about products or services that we think may be of interest based on usage patterns both on our website and on other channels (such as email and social media);
– For training and quality purposes;
– To check any instructions you give to us and for the purposes of investigating any complaint you may make, or as evidence in any dispute or anticipated disputes between you and us.
2.3 In some cases we may also use the personal data we hold about you to comply with our legal obligations, or enter into or perform a contract with you.
3. Disclosure of Personal Data
3.1 We may need to disclose your data to others to ensure the effective provision to you of the products, services, and information you request. Your data may also be disclosed to the other entities as described below.
3.2 We may share your personal information with any member of our group. We currently only have subsidiaries, but from time to time this may also include any holding company we have and their subsidiaries.
3.3 We may need to disclose your Personal Data to:
– Suppliers, service providers, business partners, and sub-contractors;
– Fraud prevention agencies, to prevent crime and trace those responsible;
– Identity verification providers, to comply with legal or regulatory requirements;
– Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
– IT and software providers who supply us with our IT infrastructure for the provision of our services and administering our business (including our internal and external communications) and who also help us manage our customer and contact databases, customer relationships and marketing.
3.4 We may disclose your personal information to third parties if:
– We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
– CoinCap News or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
– We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any contract with you and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our customers, or others.
Except as provided above, we do not sell, rent, licence or otherwise disclose your Personal Data to third parties, and only our authorised personnel who have signed written obligations of confidentiality are permitted to access your securely kept Personal Data in order to provide the services that you are using or have requested for from our Company.We review all our relationships with third parties carefully so that we can be sure as possible that their practices match our own commitments to you relating to privacy and security. We also comply with the Data Protection Legislation in our dealings with these third parties to ensure that your information is appropriately protected.
4. Cookies and Web Beacons
Our Ad Partners may also from time to time use web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, and clear GIFs). These web beacons are provided by our Ad Partners and allow Ad Partners to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the Ad Partners. Web beacons enable our Ad Partners to recognize a unique cookie on your web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our Website.
With both cookies and web beacon technology, the information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, geographic location, telephone number, or e-mail address.
5. Security Measures for Protection of Personal Data
5.1 We ensure that our Website is protected by reasonable security measures afforded by current technology, and that all our data hosts and servers are similarly protected by such security measures, including but not limited to firewalls.
5.2 Your Personal Data is kept securely and protected against unauthorized access and disclosure. We utilise security means such as (without limitation) password protection, encryption, locked and restricted access. We have strict policies in place restricting access to Personal Data to only our authorized personnel on a need-to-know basis.
However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel may gain access to your personal information despite our efforts. You should note that in using the CoinCapNews service, your information will travel over the Internet and through third-party infrastructures and mobile networks, which are not under our control.
6. Third party websites
Our website and other information we send to you (including any emails or direct marketing) may contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites they may collect information from you. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.